Product: Select Convex Drainable
Specifically designed for flush or retracted stomas, or where the stoma is situated in skin folds*
Unlike many traditional rigid convexity products which can be uncomfortable to wear, Pelican Select Convex is flexible and specifically designed for maximum comfort and security. Select Convex is highly effective against leakage which is known to cause sore skin.
All the features of the Select Afresh Drainable pouch, plus:
- Skin Protector – Unique soft, comfortable and secure skin protector with an additional flexible foam backing for added comfort and security
- Belt Loops – Attached belt loops are extremely soft and flexible. Situated on top of the soft foam backing of the skin protector providing added comfort for those who prefer the option of wearing a belt for extra security
- Filter – Improved filter system with controlled flow for greater comfort
- Shape – Comfortable pouch shape designed to suit your body form
- Apertures – Available in two cut to fit options and an extensive range of pre-cut sizes, ensuring a snug fit
- Fabric – Silky soft fabric for comfort and discretion. Split fabric backing, on the clear version allows you to see your stoma through the clear medical film making accurate positioning much easier. At other times, the silky soft fabric discreetly hides the stoma. In the clear and opaque version the split fabric backing allows easier positioning of the filter cover
- Sizes – Available in Mini, Standard, Maxi and Paediatric sizes
- Medical Film – Available in both clear and opaque medical film
As you may already know I test all the products myself and really put them through there paces however there are exceptions where I can’t review certain products because I have an ileostomy, or for instance I can’t wear a convex bag however I would like to hear your thoughts if you have tried the products as I want to make sure we are offering our thoughts and ratings to all products to help people make choices on what products would suit them, and what products they should try.